Use of this Site constitutes agreement with the following terms and conditions:
- The Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA) maintains this website (the "Site") as a courtesy to those who may choose to access the Site ("Users") . The information presented herein is for informative purposes only. The World Bank Group is pleased to allow Users to visit the Site and download and copy the information, documents and materials (collectively, "Materials") from the Site for User's personal, non-commercial use, without any right to resell, redistribute or create derivative works therefrom, subject to the terms and conditions outlined below, and also subject to more specific restrictions that may apply to specific material within this Site.
- MIGA administers this Site. MIGA is a member of the World Bank Group, which is comprised of IBRD (International Bank for Reconstruction and Development); IDA (International Development Association); IFC (International Finance Corporation); MIGA (Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency); and ICSID (International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes). All Material on this Site from the various members of the World Bank Group, and other content providers, appears on this Site subject to these terms and conditions. In addition, the members of the World Bank Group and such content providers may have additional terms and conditions that govern the use of their material.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, the findings interpretations and conclusions expressed in the Materials in this Site are those of the various authors of the work and are not necessarily those of The World Bank Group's Boards of Executive Directors or the countries they represent.
- Materials provided on the Site are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. MIGA specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any such Materials. MIGA periodically adds, changes, improves, or updates the Materials on the Site without notice. Under no circumstances shall MIGA, any other member of the World Bank Group, or any other content provider, be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered which is claimed to resulted from use of the Site, including without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay with respect thereto. Use of the Site is at User's sole risk. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall the World Bank Group or its affiliates, or any other content provider, be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, even if the World Bank Group has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- User specifically acknowledges and agrees that MIGA is not liable for any conduct of any User.
- This Site may contain advice, opinions, and statements of various information providers and content providers. MIGA does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider or content provider, or any user of the Site or other person or entity. Reliance upon any such opinion, advice, statement, or other information shall also be at your own risk. Neither MIGA nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, timeliness, completeness, deletion, defect, failure of performance, computer virus, communication line failure, alteration of, or use of any content herein, regardless of cause, for any damages resulting there from.
- As a condition of use of the Site, User agrees to indemnify MIGA, other members of the World Bank Group, its affiliates, and all content providers from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out User's use of the Site, including without limitation any claims alleging facts that if true would constitute a breach by User of these terms and conditions. If User is dissatisfied with any material on the Site or with any of terms and conditions of use of the Site, User's sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Site.
- Nothing in the Site or any Materials shall be construed, implicitly or explicitly, as containing any investment recommendations. MIGA is not registered under the U.S. Investment Advisers Act of 1940. Accordingly, nothing in the Site, or in such Materials, constitutes an offer of or an invitation by or on behalf of MIGA to purchase or sell any shares or securities nor should it be considered as investment advice.
Links to third-party websites
- This Site contains links to third-party websites. The linked sites are not under the control of MIGA and MIGA is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. MIGA provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement of the linked site by MIGA.
- If this Site contains bulletin boards, chat rooms, access to mailing lists or other message or communication facilities (collectively, "Forums"), User agrees to use the Forums only to send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Forum. By way of example, and not as a limitation, User agrees that when using a Forum, User shall not do any of the following:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information.
- Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded.
- Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests, or chain letters. Download any file posted by another user of a Forum that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
- User acknowledges that all Forums or Discussion Groups are public and not private communications. Further, User acknowledges that chats, postings, conferences, e-mails and other communications by other users are not endorsed by MIGA, and such communications shall not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by MIGA. MIGA reserves the right for any reason to remove without notice any contents of the Forums received from Users, including without limitation e-mail and bulletin board postings.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
- This Agreement will be interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia, United States of America. Any action to enforce this agreement shall be brought in the federal courts located in Washington, D.C.
Preservation of Immunities
- Nothing herein shall constitute or be considered to be a limitation upon or a waiver of the privileges and immunities of the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development, which are specifically reserved.
- MIGA reserves its exclusive right in its sole discretion to alter, limit or discontinue the site or any Materials in any respect. MIGA shall have no obligation to take the needs of any user into consideration in connection therewith.
- MIGA reserves the right to deny in its sole discretion any user access to this Site or any portion thereof without notice.
- No waiver by MIGA of any provision of this Agreement shall be binding except as set forth in a writing signed by its duly authorized representative.