Terms and Conditions
MIGA prices its guarantee premiums based on a calculation of both country and project risk. Fees average approximately one percent of the insured amount per year, but can be significantly lower or higher. Detailed information on premiums is available in Section VI of MIGA’s Operational Regulations.
Duration of guarantee
Coverage is for up to 15 years (possibly 20 if justified by the nature of the project). MIGA cannot terminate the contract unless the investor defaults on its contractual obligations to MIGA, but the investor may reduce or cancel coverage without penalty on any contract anniversary date starting with the third anniversary.
Investors may choose any combination of the five types of coverage offered by MIGA. MIGA may insure up to $220 million per project, and if necessary more can be arranged through syndication of insurance.
Note that under the Small Investment Program, investors are offered a package covering currency inconvertibility and transfer restriction; expropriation; and war, terrorism, and civil disturbance.
Standard Contracts of Guarantee
- Contract of Guarantee for Equity Investments
- Contract of Guarantee for Loan Guarantees
- Contract of Guarantee for Non-Shareholder Loans
- Contract of Guarantee for Shareholder Loans
- Contract of Guarantee for Non-Shareholder Loans - Non-Honoring of a Sovereign Financial Obligation
- Small Investment Program - Contract of Guarantee for Equity Investments
- Small Investment Program - Contract of Guarantee for Shareholder Loans
Investors are encouraged to contact MIGA to discuss the type, amount, and duration of coverage that fits their needs. The business inquiries line is available by phone at +1.202.458.2538 or e-mail at email@example.com.